Car Accidents in San Antonio
Car accidents are a serious issue in San Antonio and other parts of Texas. Throughout the state, crashes happen every 57 seconds, a person is injured every 2 minutes and 11 seconds, and a person is killed every hour and 57 seconds.
Car accidents can happen at any time, even if you are being careful. Other drivers may be distracted. They may be speeding or driving recklessly.
Car accidents can be catastrophic, causing property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, scarring, and other damages. Contact the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., to get the help you need after a car crash.
Types of Car Accidents
There are various types of car accidents, such as the following:
- Rear-end crashes. This is the most common type of crash. These accidents occur when the front of one vehicle collides with the rear of another vehicle. They often happen due to tailgating and distracted driving.
- Head-on crashes. These accidents occur when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide with the front ends of their vehicles. Head-on collisions are typically the most dangerous crashes.
- Side-impact crashes. Also known as T-bone crashes, these accidents happen when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle, often at intersections, to form a T shape. T-bone crashes can be serious if there are passengers in the vehicle hit at the side.
- Sideswipe crashes. Sideswipe accidents happen when two vehicles traveling parallel to each other make contact. These crashes tend to happen when one vehicle changes lanes without noticing the other.
- Rollover accidents. Vehicles can overturn due to factors such as crashes, high-speed turns, or hitting uneven terrain. Rollover accidents can cause occupants who are not properly restrained to be ejected and killed.
- Hit-and-run accidents. This is a crash in which a driver flees the accident scene without stopping to exchange information or provide assistance. Hit-and-run accidents are illegal and can result in serious penalties.
Car accidents can cause injuries such as:
- Whiplash. This is one of the most common injuries in car accidents, particularly in rear-end crashes. It occurs when the neck is forcefully jerked back and forth, causing neck pain.
- Fractures. Accidents can cause a lot of force, resulting in broken bones. Common fractures include broken limbs, ribs, and facial bones.
- Head injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can occur if the head hits the steering wheel, dashboard, or other object. The damage can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage.
- Chest injuries. The impact of the crash can lead to chest injuries, such as contusions or rib fractures.
- Burns. If a car catches fire or if there is chemical exposure in the accident, burns can occur.
Contact Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer Today
Car accidents can range from minor to serious in nature. If you have been involved in a crash, make sure you get fully compensated for all your injuries and other damages.
The Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. is passionate about helping car accident victims. We have the knowledge and experience to build your case. Schedule a free consultation today by filling out the online form or calling (210) 510-1111.