Personal Injury Attorney San Antonio
In an instant, your life could change due to a personal injury. A personal injury is an injury to the mind, body, or emotions as a direct result of another person’s actions. If someone else’s negligence caused you harm, you may be able to file a lawsuit under Texas law.
Under state law, you have two years to file a personal injury claim and get compensated for your injuries. This may seem like a long time, but it is really not. The sooner you act, the better.
Contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney from the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. We will go to bat for you and seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages.
Types of Personal Injury
A personal injury case can arise from the following situations:
- Car accidents. Car crashes are everyday occurrences. While many are minor fender-benders, some can cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities and result in significant damages.
- Motorcycle accidents. Many Texans enjoy the thrill of riding a motorcycle, but there are many dangers involved. Motorcycles offer no protection in the event of a crash, so serious injuries are very common.
- Defective products. Unfortunately, the items we use on a daily basis can be unsafe. Many people are injured or killed by defective products every year.
- Premises liability. If you are injured on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability case. Examples include slips and falls, dog bites, and negligent security.
- Workplace accidents. Nobody expects to get injured in the workplace, but it happens quite often. Construction, agriculture, and warehousing are some of the most dangerous industries.
- Truck accidents. The commercial semi-trucks that cruise across Texas highways on a daily basis pose a real threat to motorists who are driving to work or taking their families on vacation.
- Pedestrian accidents. Walking is an inexpensive form of transportation and doctors often recommend it due to its health benefits. However, pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common in our area and can leave you suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer can be beneficial in many ways. They can assist with the following:
- Legal advice. A personal injury lawyer can assess the details of your case and provide you with expert legal advice. They can determine whether you have a valid claim and explain your legal rights and options.
- A personal injury lawyer can gather evidence to support your claim. Through investigation, your lawyer can build a strong case on your behalf.
- Calculating damages. Personal injury lawyers understand the various types of damages you may be entitled to, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. They will determine the appropriate amount of compensation for you.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Dealing with insurance companies can be a hassle, as their primary goal is to minimize payouts and maximize their bottom line. A personal injury lawyer can handle negotiations with insurance adjusters and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Representing you in court. Most personal injury cases are settled outside of court. However, if the case cannot be resolved through negotiations, your lawyer will be prepared to represent you in court.
Contact Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Office Today
Even if you have some knowledge of the law, having a San Antonio personal injury attorney on your side can make all the difference in the world.
Injured by someone else’s negligence? Contact the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. today for peace of mind. We believe in working hard for our clients to ease the stress of a personal injury. To schedule a free consultation, call (210) 510-1111 or fill out the online form.