Hit and Run Accidents
When at-fault drivers flee the scene, our Edinburg, TX hit and run car accident attorney finds them so that they can be held accountable for injuries you suffer.
When the reckless driving behaviors of others leave you suffering car accident injuries, those at fault can be held liable in a claim. Unfortunately, at-fault drivers often attempt to evade responsibility by leaving the scene. At the Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we are dedicated to finding these motorists so that they can be held accountable. Our Edinburg, TX hit and run accident attorney is a strong ally on your side in these situations. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover from hit and run accident injuries.
Protecting Your Rights in Texas Hit and Run Accidents
The American Automobile Association (AAA) reports that Texas ranks at the top of the list compared to other states when it comes to hit and run accidents. More than 200 of these types of crashes happen in our area each year. Despite the fact that drivers are required by law to stop at the scene, many chose to flee instead. What makes a hit and run driver act in this way? Based on our years of experience as an Edinburg, TX hit and run car accident attorney, the following factors are often to blame:
- Panic over being in a car accident for which they are financially responsible;
- Lack of a valid license or vehicle registration and failure to have the required insurance in place;
- Guilt due to being under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash;
- Being engaged in other criminal activity at the time of the accident or knowledge that a warrant has been issued for their arrest;
- Uncertainty over immigration status and fear of being deported.
At the Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we understand the serious injuries that hit and run accidents often cause. We are dedicated to helping you by finding hit and run drivers so that they can be held accountable.
Get Compensation for Injuries Caused by Hit and Run Drivers
In addition to criminal charges hit and run drivers face under the Texas Transportation Code, our Edinburg hit and run car accident attorney makes sure they are held financially responsible for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you incur due to their actions. Steps we take at the Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. to locate these drivers so that they can be held accountable in a claim include:
- Obtaining a description of the driver and vehicle from witnesses at the scene;
- Reviewing security footage from nearby stores and traffic signals;
- Working with law enforcement to spread among local car repair shops;
- Putting out alerts on social media.
Get Our Edinburg, TX Hit and Run Car Accident Attorney on Your Side
At Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we make hit and run drivers pay for the damages their actions cause. To get our legal team on your side, contact our Edinburg, TX hit and run accident attorney to request a consultation to today.