18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in Edinburg TX
When accidents involving big rigs occur, South Texas attorney Raúl Guajardo is here to help you get the compensation you need to recover.
Big rigs are a common sight in South Texas. Unfortunately, their presence on the road presents a risk to all other drivers. Due to their massive size and weight, when truck accidents occur, they often impact other motorists disproportionately and the injuries suffered tend to be severe. At the Law Office Of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. our Edinburg, Texas big rig accident attorney provides trusted legal guidance in these situations, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), more than 400 commercial vehicle crashes, many of which involve 18-wheelers, tractor trailers, and other big rigs, occur in Hidalgo County each year. These crashes result in as many as 10 deaths and hundreds of potentially serious injuries.
The large size of big rigs often serves to protect truck drivers during a crash. Unfortunately, it is often other motorists who suffer the most serious harm. Attorney Raúl Guajardo helps people injured in these crashes get the compensation they need to recover. As an experienced Edinburg big rig accident attorney, he represents clients who have suffered the following:
● Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
● Dislocated joints and multiple fractures;
● Severe lacerations and burns due to contact with road surfaces or hot engine fluids and parts;
● Crushing injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
● Back and neck injuries, including whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and spinal cord injuries;
● Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Big rig accidents are complex events and there are often numerous contributing factors involved. Identifying who can be held responsible when a crash occurs is key to getting the compensation to which you are entitled. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the most common causes of big rig accidents include the following:
● Reckless actions on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, driving distracted, or being under the influence;
● Lack of proper training, leading to truck driver errors;
● Poor truck maintenance, which can result in tire blowouts and brake failure;
● Improper loading practices, making rollovers more likely;
● Trucking company practices, such as requiring impossible schedules and not allowing drivers adequate breaks, that make big rig accidents more likely.
As an experienced South Texas big rig accident attorney, Raúl Guajardo can advise you on how to hold both the truck driver and the trucking company accountable. Damages you may be entitled to in a claim include current and future lost wages and medical expenses, as well as compensation for the pain and suffering you endured.
When 18-wheeler and big rig accidents occur, Attorney Raúl Guajardo acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. To find out how you can get the compensation you need to recover, contact our Edinburg big rig accident attorney and request a consultation today.