Head Injury Lawyer in Edinburg TX
An injury to the head can be catastrophic. Seek help from an experienced TX attorney if you have suffered a head injury as a result of a car crash.
When a car crash occurs, one of the parts of the body that is most at risk of harm is the head. Indeed, the head may be hit with the force of a deploying airbag; could make contact with the windshield, window, car frame, or another object if the person is ejected from the vehicle; or could be hit with another object while the head remains stationary. If a serious head injury occurs, a person’s life may be forever changed. Consider the following about types of head injuries, as well as what to do if you have been injured:
Types of Head Injuries
There is a large range of potential head injuries resulting from a car accident. These include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) occur when the normal function of the brain is interrupted. Common TBI types include:
- Concussion injuries, which occur when the head is hit with a large amount of force;
- Diffuse axonal injuries, which occur when the head and brain are subject to rotational forces;
- Penetration injuries, which happen when the skull and brain are penetrated with a sharp object; and
- Coup-contrecoup injuries, which refer to a brain injury on both sides of the brain, resulting from the head being hit with such force that the brain is not only injured on the side of impact, but also slams into the skull at the opposite side, causing harm.
- Skull fractures. Skull fractures are extremely serious and may accompany a traumatic brain injury. A skull fracture may be recognizable due to leaking fluid around the nose or ears, bruises around the eyes, and severe amounts of pain. Skull fractures need to be treated immediately.
- Brain bruising and bleeding. If a brain is hit with enough force, it may suffer bleeding or bruising. A contusion, a type of TBI, is a bruise to the brain and can cause swelling and bleeding inside of the brain, too. This can be very serious, and brain surgery may be necessary to reduce pressure and prevent severe, permanent brain damage.
What to do if You Have Suffered a Head Injury in a Car Accident
If you have suffered a head injury in a car accident, you have the right to seek compensation for the harm that you have suffered. In addition to gathering evidence, filing an accident report, notifying your insurer of the crash, and seeking medical care, you should reach out to an experienced Brownsville car accident attorney as soon as possible. Our lawyer can start working on your case immediately.
Call the Edinburg Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. Today
To learn more about your rights after suffering a head injury in a car accident, call our Texas car accident attorney at the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. today for your free, no-obligation consultation. You can reach us by phone or online at your convenience.