Edinburg TX Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer
Attorney Raúl Guajardo helps clients get the compensation they need to recover after pedestrian accidents in South Texas.
Walking is an inexpensive form of transportation and doctors often recommend it due to its health benefits. However, pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common in our area and can leave you suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. When these accidents occur, the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. is here to help. As an experienced Edinburg pedestrian accident attorney, Raúl Guajardo has been providing trusted legal guidance and professional representation to victims in these cases for more than 15 years. He can help you hold at-fault drivers accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
Texas is known for having one of the highest pedestrian accident rates in the nation. According to reports from the state Department of Transportation (DOT), these accidents claim the lives of as many as 600 people each year, while causing serious and potentially debilitating injuries for thousands of others.
Edinburg attorney Raúl Guajardo protects the rights of victims and their family members when pedestrian accidents and injuries occur. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in these cases include:
● Muscle strains, sprains, or tears and other types of soft tissue injuries;
● Dislocated joints and multiple fractures;
● Severe cuts and lacerations;
● Abdominal injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
● Burns caused by contact with road surfaces and hot engine parts or fluids;
● Back and neck injuries, including shattered vertebrae and damage to the spinal cord, which can result in paralysis;
● Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
All of the above are serious injuries that can leave you with permanent impairments. You need an experienced, aggressive Edinburg pedestrian accident attorney on your side to get you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Pedestrian accidents often occur along busy streets, in parking lots, near driveway entrances or exits, and in busy intersections or crosswalks. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they are often caused by motorists engaged in reckless driving behaviors, such as the following:
● Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
● Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
● Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
● Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
In these situations, the at-fault driver can be held accountable through either an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit for the damages you suffer. This includes the current costs associated with your injuries, along with any future expenses you are likely to incur.
When a pedestrian accident does occur, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Before speaking with insurance representatives or accepting a settlement, reach out to attorney Raúl Guajardo first. To request a consultation regarding your case and how he can help you, call or contact our Edinburg pedestrian accident attorney online today.