Edinburg Burn Injury Lawyer
If you are coping with severe burn injuries, call our experienced lawyers for information about your right to financial recovery.
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in our state. At the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., our experienced attorney knows how devastating a crash can be. While the scope of potential injuries is large, one of the most common injuries that may result from a car crash is burns. Burn injuries can be painful, disabling, and permanently disfiguring. If you have suffered burn injuries in a car crash or another type of accident, please do not hesitate to call our law firm directly for help navigating your personal injury claim.
Degrees of Burn Injuries
Burns can vary in severity. In a car accident, burns may be caused as a result of friction if a person is thrown from the vehicle and skids along the road before coming to a complete stop, or from heat and flame in the event that a crash results in an explosion or vehicle fire. There are four degrees of burn injuries:
- First-degree burns are the least serious of burn injury types and can usually be healed at home without medical treatment.
- Second-degree burns are more serious and may result in blisters. Second-degree burns usually require medical care and will result in scarring.
- Third-degree burns are very serious. With third-degree burns, the nerves are burned, making these burns less painful, but more worrisome. Third-degree burns can be fatal and will likely result in permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Some medical professionals recognize fourth-degree burns. These types of burns refer to burns that are so bad that the burns have bypassed the layers of skin and have affected the muscle, fat, and even the bone.
Costs and Damages Related to Serious Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be extremely painful and costly to a victim. Those who have suffered severe burn injuries may be coping with:
- High medical bills, and medical costs that be ongoing for many years or even life;
- Lost wages and a loss of earning ability, particularly when the burns result in permanent disability;
- Physical pain and suffering; and
- Emotional trauma associated with the accident and the results of the burns.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
Our experienced attorney understands how devastating serious burn injuries are. If you have been in a car accident that resulted in burns, you have legal rights. If the other driver was at fault for the crash, then you can bring forth a claim for damages against their insurance company or file a lawsuit against them directly. You may also be able to bring forth a claim against your own insurer. Our attorney will support you by investigating your case, calculating your damages, proving fault, and negotiating your settlement.
Call Our Edinburg Team Today
Attorney Raul A. Guajardo will advocate for you. Call our law office today for your free consultation and information about your legal rights. You can reach us directly by phone or reach out by sending us a message telling us more. We always offer consultations free of charge.