Edinburg Premises Liability Lawyer
When accidents and injuries occur on another’s property, we can help you hold the property owner accountable.
Landlords, building managers, and property owners have a duty of care to protect guests and visitors from conditions that could put them at risk of injury. When accidents occur as the result of negligence, property owners can be held liable for the injuries suffered. At the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. we have more than 15 years of experience representing clients throughout South Texas in these types of claims. As a highly skilled and trusted Edinburg premises liability attorney, Raúl Guajardo can help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Premises liability claims involve so-called accidents, which often occur as the result of a property owner or manager’s negligence. When they fail to maintain sidewalks, buildings, landscaping, or other common areas, serious injuries can occur. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), slips and falls are one of the leading causes of personal injuries and are a common type of premises liability claim. Attorney Raúl Guajardo represents clients in these cases, as well as those who suffer injuries as a result of the following:
● Negligent security, when people fall victim to crime as the result of a lack of the proper safety precautions;
● Slip and falls and trip and falls, when visitors fall and injure themselves due to hazardous conditions on the property. These can be caused by liquids spilled on the floor, broken flooring, faulty stairs or railings, and poor lighting.
● Pool accidents, when property owners fail to provide proper fencing or supervision;
● Getting struck by or against objects, which can occur due to loose shelving and fixtures or as the result of hazards, such as failing tree branches;
● Dog bites, when a pet owner fails to properly secure his or her dog or keep it on a leash;
● Construction site accidents, when injuries occur as the result of unfinished surfaces, tools, and debris.
All of the above can lead to serious injuries, such as muscle strains and sprains, broken bones, and injuries to the back, neck, or head. As an experienced Edinburg premises liability attorney, Attorney Guajardo helps clients who have been injured get the compensation they need to recover in a claim.
Under Texas premises liability statutes, property owners can be held liable when their negligence results in personal injuries. This includes failing to take actions to correct a potentially dangerous condition and failing to notify visitors that the condition exists. Depending on the circumstances, they may be liable for damages through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Compensation you may be entitled to includes:
● Current and future lost wages you suffer as the result of your injuries;
● Medical expenses, including follow up care, medications, and physical therapy;
● Pain and suffering, which can compensate you for the mental anguish and loss of enjoyment in life that results from your injuries.
Attorney Raúl Guajardo is here to help you get the compensation you need to recover when personal injuries occur as the result of a property owner’s negligence. To discuss your case and how he can assist you, contact our Edinburg premises attorney and request a consultation today.