Edinburg Bicycle Accidents Attorney
Personal injury attorney Raúl Guajardo provides aggressive legal representation so you can get the compensation you need to recover when bicycle accidents occur.
Using a bike to get to and from work or to run errands is far less expensive than driving a car and having to pay for both gas and insurance. It is also a fun form of recreation and can help you stay healthy and fit. However, there are serious risks bicyclists face when they share the road with motor vehicles. When bicycle accidents happen, the injuries suffered are likely to be severe. At the Law Office Of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C. we provide aggressive legal representation to hold at-fault drivers accountable. We have more than 20 years of experience representing clients throughout Hidalgo County; you can trust our Edinburg bicycle accident attorney to help you get the compensation you need to recover.
Bicycle accidents are a regular occurrence throughout Texas. Unfortunately, they are particularly common in Hidalgo County, which has one of the highest rates of bicycle accidents in the state. According to Share the Road Texas , there are an average of two bicycle crashes per month in Edinburg and the surrounding areas, proving fatal for several local residents and causing serious injuries for numerous others each year.
In many cases, it is the reckless driving behaviors of motorists that cause bicycle accidents to happen. At the Law Office Of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we hold drivers responsible when bike accidents occur as a result of the following:
● Speeding and driving too fast for conditions: Speeding increases the risk of bicycle accidents and the potential for fatal injuries.
● Disregarding traffic signs and signals: Running red lights and stop signs is a common cause of bicycle accidents in intersections.
● Crosswalk violations: Even if you have a crosswalk or a traffic light is green, never assume a motorist sees you or will stop.
● Distracted driving: Talking on cell phones, texting, and other common types of distracted driving behaviors are a common cause of bicycle accidents in Edinburg.
● Driving under the influence of alcohol or any mood-altering medicine: Even having just a few drinks or taking medication impacts driving abilities, making bicycle accidents and other types of collisions more likely to occur.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Edinburg
If you are injured in a bicycle accident in Edinburg, there are some steps you need to take to protect yourself, your health, and your rights to claim compensation for your losses. These include:
● Make sure you or someone at the scene notifies the police immediately.
● Make a mental note of the vehicle, the license plate number, and try to get a description of the driver, just in case they flee the scene before an officer arrives.
● Get the driver’s name, address, driver’s license and vehicle registration number, as well as their insurance information.
● Get contact information for any witnesses at the scene.
● If possible, take pictures yourself or have someone take them for you of the area where your bike accident occurred, the vehicle involved, and your injuries.
● Go to the nearest hospital emergency room for medical care. Even seemingly minor bicycle accident injuries have the potential to cause life-threatening conditions.
● Follow all of your doctor’s instructions regarding follow-up care and work or activity restrictions.
● Speak with our Edinburg bicycle accident attorney before making any statements to insurers, signing any documents, or accepting any settlements.
As an experienced Edinburg bicycle accident attorney, Raul A. Guajardo acts as a strong legal advocate on behalf of bicyclists. We know that with little to protect them in collisions with motor vehicles, bicycle riders often suffer the most serious damages. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , more than 500,000 people visit hospital emergency rooms each year due to injuries sustained in bicycle crashes. At the Law Office Of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we help you get the compensation you need to recover when the following types of bike accident injuries occur:
● Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
● Broken bones and severe lacerations;
● Burns due to contact with hot engine fluids or road surfaces;
● Facial injuries, causing permanent scarring and damage to dental work;
● Crushing injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to internal organs;
● Back and neck injuries, including damage to the spinal cord;
● Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
How Do I File a Bicycle Accident Claim?
The Texas Department of Insurance advises that all motor vehicle drivers are required to carry a mandatory minimum amount of cover. Insurance policies they have in place can help to protect you when a bicycle accident in Edinburg happens. However, insurance companies are known for either denying or downplaying claims. Rather than attempt to deal with them on your own, get our Edinburg bicycle accident attorneys on your side.
At the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, we negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf. Our number one goal is to get you the maximum amount in a settlement. If the driver is uninsured or their coverage fails to cover all of your damages, we can guide you in filing a bicycle accident lawsuit against them. Compensation available includes:
● Coverage of current and future medical costs;
● Reimbursement for lost income and future lost earnings caused by ongoing impairments;
● Compensation for your pain and suffering.
What if the driver flees the scene? We take the immediate actions needed when a hit-and-run bicycle accident happens. You can count on us to both locate the at-fault driver and hold them accountable in a claim. As we generally work on a contingency basis, you pay no attorney fees unless we win for you.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. is here to help. To request a consultation, contact our Edinburg bicycle accident attorney today.