Uber/Lyft Accidents Attorney
Edinburg, TX car accident attorney Raúl Guajardo provides the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need to get compensation when Uber or Lyft accidents occur.
Ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft provide a valuable service. In addition to providing a means of getting where you need to go, they offer an alternative for people who have been out drinking, potentially reducing the likelihood of drunk driving-related crashes. However, like all other motorists, the drivers of these vehicles can engage in reckless and dangerous driving behaviors that put their passengers and others on the road at risk. At the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C., our experienced Edinburg, TX car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you need to recover after an accident by holding both the driver and the company he or she works for accountable.
Injuries Due to Uber/Lyft Accidents
As ridesharing services continue to spread throughout cities and counties in Texas and around the country, there are increasing concerns about safety and the potential for car accidents and injuries. According to reports by Technology Review, statistics show that places where ridesharing is introduced, the overall car accident rate tends to increase.
The same as with any other type of crash, Uber and Lyft accidents can cause serious injuries for both the passengers in these vehicles and for other drivers on the road. At the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we represent victims in these collisions who suffer the following types of injuries:
● Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, or tears;
● Broken bones and multiple fractures;
● Serious cuts and lacerations;
● Internal injuries, leaving victims with damage to body organs;
● Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and herniated discs;
● Head injuries, such as concussion, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
● Injuries to the spinal cord or column, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
Seeking Compensation for Your Injuries
Uber or Lyft car accidents can happen due to a variety of causes. Common contributing factors in these cases include:
● Reckless behaviors on the part of the driver, such as speeding, disregarding traffic signals, and driving while distracted or under the influence;
● Negligence on the part of the ridesharing company, such as hiring drivers with a past history of driving offenses;
● Errors and mistakes on the part of other motorists, which can end up contributing to a collision.
As a professional Edinburg, TX car accident attorney, Raúl Guajardo can help you identify your options in seeking compensation when ridesharing accidents occur. Both Uber and Lyft offer driver insurance policies to cover losses. However, depending on the situation, the driver’s own policy, the ride sharing company itself, and other motorists involved may all share a portion of the blame.
Let Our Edinburg, TX Car Accident Attorney Help You
Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys to defend them against liability for car accidents. To get the Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. fighting on your side, contact our Edinburg, TX car accident attorney and request a consultation today.