As an experienced Edinburg, TX car accident attorney, Raúl A. Guajardo can help you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to in your claim.
When car accidents happen, they can impact every area of your life. You may be unable to work while facing a mountain of medical expenses. Injuries you suffer can also leave you with ongoing disabilities, preventing you from enjoying hobbies or activities with loved ones. At the Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we are dedicated to getting you the compensation you are entitled to for these and other losses. Our Edinburg, TX car accident attorney outlines the types of compensation you may be eligible for in your case.
Compensation Available Through a Car Accident Insurance Claim in Texas
When another driver’s reckless or negligent conduct is responsible for a car accident, you can hold them accountable through a claim against their insurer. The Texas Department of Insurance advises that all drivers are required to carry a minimum amount of coverage in the event of an accident. Compensation you may be entitled to in an insurance claim includes:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to any injuries suffered in the accident;
- Coverage of any lost wages or earning you suffered as a result;
- Coverage for property damage, which may involve either repairing or replacing your vehicle.
The amount of compensation you can obtain is limited by the terms of the policy. Unfortunately, as for-profit businesses, insurers also have a financial motive for either downplaying or denying your claim.
Seeking Compensation in a Texas Car Accident Lawsuit
When even a minor crash or collision occurs, it is important to speak with our experienced Edinburg, TX car accident attorney before accepting any settlements from the insurer. We can help protect you from accepting a settlement that is far less than what you deserve.
We negotiate on your behalf with these companies, gathering the evidence needed in support of your claim. In the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a car accident lawsuit. Under the Texas Civil Remedies Code, additional types of compensation you may be entitled to through an injury lawsuit in Texas include:
- Economic damages: These cover tangible expenses, such as the costs for current and future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future losses in earnings.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Exemplary damages: This is an additional amount that may be awarded by the court if the actions of the other driver were particularly willful and negligent.
Reach Out to Our Edinburgh, TX Car Accident Attorney
At the Law Office of Raúl A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., our primary goal is ensuring you get the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover from your accident. To discuss your case, contact our Edinburg, TX car accident attorney to request a consultation today.