When crashes involving impaired drivers jeopardize you or loved ones, our Edinburg, TX DUI accident attorney provides the trusted legal representation you need to hold the at-fault parties accountable.
Driving under the influence of any amount of alcohol or other intoxicating substances puts everyone on the road at risk. At the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we have seen first-hand the damage these accidents can cause. We are dedicated to holding impaired drivers accountable for their actions. Our Edinburg, TX DUI accident attorney has been representing victims in these cases for close to two decades. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover.
DUI Accidents in Texas
Drinking or taking drugs and driving are activities that simply do not mix. When a driver chooses to get behind the wheel under the influence of any substance, the results can be deadly. According to statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), there are close to 800 DUI accidents in Hidalgo County each year. Throughout the state, these accidents claim the lives of over a thousand people each year, while leaving nearly 10,000 others with potentially serious and debilitating injuries.
At the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we represent victims in these accidents, helping to hold impaired drivers accountable. As experienced Edinburg, TX DUI accident attorneys, we represent people who suffer the following types of injuries in these crashes:
● Soft tissue injuries and broken bones;
● Crushing injuries, causing internal bleeding and damage to body parts or organs;
● Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae;
● Head injuries, which can result in concussions and skull fractures;
● Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can cause lasting impairments;
● Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
We Hold DUI Drivers Accountable
At the Law Office of Raul A. Guajardo, P.L.L.C., we provide the caring, professional legal representation you need when DUI accidents occur. While you focus on your recovery, our Edinburg, TX DUI accident attorney focuses on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Under the Texas Penal Code, driving with a blood alcohol content level of 0.08 can result in DWI charges. Smaller amounts and being under the influence of drugs or medications can also leave drivers facing severe criminal penalties. In addition, they face legal liability for injuries they cause in DUI related accidents. The types of compensation you may be entitled to include:
● Medical expenses to cover your current costs and those you may incur in the future;
● Lost wages and future losses in income due to lingering disabilities;
● Compensation for your pain and suffering;
● Punitive damages, which is an additional type of compensation designed to punish particularly negligent behaviors, such as driving under the influence.
Get Our Edinburg, TX DUI Accident Attorney Fighting on Your Side
The Law Office of Raúl Guajardo, P.L.L.C. acts as a strong ally on your side, fighting to hold DUI drivers accountable in a claim. To schedule a consultation regarding how we can help you, contact our Edinburg, TX DUI accident attorney today.